Wakefield Recovery College
- FREE online course’s Wild things, Yoga, Boogie Bounces, BADASS (Combat).
- New website launching 3rd August Click here for more information
Inspiring Recovery, Wakefield
- Turning Point is a leading UK health and social care organisation. We provide specialist and integrated services for people with complex needs, including those affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health problems, unemployment and those with a learning disability.
- Click here for further information
- Provide one to one support through their volunteers and work with families to address behaviour management, bedtime routines, play and learning in the home, budget management etc. This service is provided district wide, and at least one child in the family must be under 11 years of age.
- Click here for more information.
Wakefield 0 - 19 service
- The 0 – 19 service are still very much here to support the health and wellbeing of everyone, in your family and continue to be available for breastfeed, weaning, bed wetting and child development and emotional difficulties.
- The Team can be contacted on 01924 310133, Monday to Friday 9 till 5.
- Find out more information here.
Live Well Wakefield
- Find out more information here regarding workshops happening over the summer.
Care 4 us
- Build Our Futures is your voice for for all children in care in Wakefield. We want young people who are in care and those leaving care to be actively involved in helping to decide what services they receive. We have a participation officers to support the Children in Care Council and to follow up your suggestions to improve life in care for you and other young people.
- Find out more information https://www.care4us.co.uk/
Families Under Pressure
- During this stressful and cooped-up time, don’t let the pressure of parenting get you down. Try these simple tips and tricks, formulated by researchers and NHS mental health experts, which are backed by science and proven to work with families.
- Click here to watch the videos
Child Care Providers
- Click here for a list of childcare providers in the Wakefield District
Coping with Stress and Coping with Drinking online course
- Coping with stress and drinking is a short online programme which parents can work through together to discuss what causes stress and arguments in their relationship, and learn skills for managing difficult situations more effectively. A series of animations, activities and short films bring to life real examples of what can cause stress at home, and what couples can do to cope better.
Energy & Homeowner Support
- The energy and homeowner scheme have a variety of schemes to support a warmer, safer home.
- Click here for some more information
Mortgage breathing Space
- Are you worried about not having enough money to pay your mortgage or secured loans? If you’re a homeowner and struggling to make ends meet, there is help available through the Breathing Space Scheme.
- Click here for more information
- At creative minds we know this is a difficult time and isolating is a challenge to many. We have researched some of the best ways to stay active.
- Click here to see the list of online ideas.
- The Wakefield child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) provides assessment, interventions and support to children, young people and their families who are suffering from significant mental health or behavioural problems.
- They may present with a range of issues including:
- Severe anxiety (including obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Eating disorders (such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia)
- Psychosis (in those aged under 14)
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Severe emotional problems
- Attachment difficulties
- Severe behavioural problems
- Tic disorders
- Autistic spectrum conditions (in those aged over 14)
- Significant family communication problems
- For more information, please see their website www.southwestyorkshire.nhs.uk/services/camhs-wakefield/
- click here for some recourses
- Find out everything you need to know about drugs, their effects and the law. Talk to Frank for facts, support and advice on drugs and alcohol today.
- See here for more details
- Provides Free & Confidential Sexual Health Advice to Young People. For Young People under 25, including contraception help, relationship Advice and pregnancy Advice.
- Click here for more information
Change, Grow, Live
- If you want to change your direction, grow as a person, and live life to its full potential, we’re here to help you.
- We’re here for you if you need help with challenges including drugs or alcohol, trouble with housing, domestic abuse, or your mental and physical wellbeing. Our services are free and confidential.
- Here is the website for more details
Families under pressure – Maudsley Charity
- During this stressful and cooped-up time, don’t let the pressure of parenting get you down. Try these simple tips and tricks, formulated by researchers and NHS mental health experts, which are backed by science and proven to work with families
- Provides holistic, non-medical approach to women’s health and wellbeing through a range of services including counselling therapies, complementary therapy and wellbeing groups and courses. Self-referrals have now reopened
Andy man’s club
- A talking group which provides a place for men to come together in a safe environment to talk about issues/problems they be have faced or are currently facing.
- See the website for more information www.andysmanclub.co.uk/
- Barnardo's protect and support the UK's most vulnerable children. We provide a range of services to help and support families across the UK, working with organisations and professionals so that children get the best start in life. We help with vulnerable children, fostering and adoption, helping families, supporting young people.
- Here is the website for more information www.barnardos.org.uk
- Click here for the newsletter